This gluten free banana muffin recipe turns out light and fluffy, you’ll never believe it’s made mostly of oats and bananas!
It’s hard to find a good gluten free banana muffins recipe. But consider this your new go to! These muffins have been made by many readers and followers who cannot believe how light and fluffy they are. And we can barely believe it ourselves! Alex and I have made many gluten free recipes that come out really dense, or call for hard to find ingredients or gluten free flour blends with additive. This muffins recipe came about from a challenge that Alex and I gave ourselves to make a healthy muffin we wouldn’t feel bad feeding our 2 year old Larson. We think that these healthy banana muffins hit the mark– and we hope you agree! Keep reading for the gluten free muffin recipe.
Ready to make these gluten free banana muffins? Alex and I make them weekly and our 2 year old Larson gobbles them up. And we feel good about serving them to him since it’s basically like eating oatmeal and a banana! (Not a cupcake.) Here are our secrets to this gluten free muffin recipe:
- 3 large very ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups rolled oats, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup neutral oil (sunflower, vegetable or grapeseed)**
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place all ingredients in a blender, breaking the bananas into pieces as you add them. Blend everything on high for a minute or two until a smooth batter forms.
- Place 8 to 9 muffin cups into a muffin tin and pour the batter divided evenly between the cups; the amount of muffins will depend on the size of the bananas and type of oats*. Sprinkle the tops with extra oats and gently press them down.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes* until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the muffin tin and allow them to cool a few minutes before serving. Store refrigerated or frozen.
*Note: The amount of muffins can depend on the size of the bananas and the type of oats. When we used sprouted rolled oats, we noticed the batter came out much thicker and only made 8 muffins. With large bananas and rolled oats, we got 9 muffins. We’ve had others get more than 9, anything up to 12; if so, bake for about 25 to 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. **One reader has tested these banana muffins with 1/4 cup applesauce in place of the oil: she said both versions were good! The apple sauce version was nice and moist, dense but a bit flat. The oil version was great, lighter and a bit more dry.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/gluten-free-banana-muffins/